Anger and rage are two powerful weapons of Shaitan that he cunningly and tactfully uses to create a rift between husband and wife. If it’s left without repair, it can lead to a destructive tear between hearts. Before your relationship reaches the verge of collapse, try to do this:
* Sit in isolation and think. Reason with yourself.
* Is your extreme reaction going to solve the problem?
* Try to be in the company of God fearing friends.
* Understand the tactics of Shaitan; he wants to destroy you.
* Keep reminding yourself: Why should I get angry because of someone else’s ill temper and allow my ‘book of records’ to be controlled by their attitude towards me?
* Be the person you want your spouse to be.
* It’s foolish to try and regulate your spouse’s behaviour according to your ways. What you can’t control, you can’t control.
* If you really want to be content then change what is within your control and that is your attitude.
If that is out of your reach, remember nothing and no one will be able to access your heart and it might remain alone. You will realise it once you try to attach your heart to your spouse for the sake of pleasing Allah without any expectations. Then Allah will change his or her heart to that which you will be pleased with, insha’Allah
Most importantly, remember that your Rabb is just a dua away.